Our StretchLight Tape is a light elastic athletic tape that will conform closely to highly contoured areas of the body. You can use it for strapping ankles, knees, hands and wrists and it is particularly useful for strapping sprained ankles.
In addition, it can provide supplementary support when used together with bandages or with an adhesive tape like our Porous Zinc Oxide Tape.
The low profile of this elastic athletic tape allows athletes to wear it under footwear during training or competition in order to protect vulnerable joints. For example, soccer players frequently wear elastic adhesive bandages under their boots during a game.
The elastic property of StretchLight Tape allows it to provide a moderate degree of compression. Compression provides therapeutic benefits in cases of injury that result in swelling. The elasticity allows the tape to “give” in its initial response to the swelling. However, over time, the compression of the elasticity will reduce both pain and swelling.
It is 100% latex free and is also hypoallergenic, making it a great choice for those with sensitive skin. Although easily hand tearable, it offers high tensile strength (52 Newtons/inch). Each roll unwinds uniformly to the core, giving 100% usability. Its lightweight design will allow the patient to wear it throughout the day with no interference with his/her normal activities.
DynaPro StretchLight Elastic Athletic Tape is available in white and comes in two sizes – 2″ x 5 yds and 3″ x 5 yds. The tape is sold by the case (24 rolls/case for the 2″ product and 16 rolls/case for the 3″ product).
Each roll is individually sealed in an airtight plastic wrap which keeps it in pristine condition until you are ready to use the tape. This also eliminates the risk of contamination due to contact with other materials in a training kit.
For Which Purposes Can StretchLight Elastic Athletic Tape Be Used?
You can used this tape for the following purposes:
- Supporting injured soft tissues (such as ligaments and muscles) in highly contoured body areas to promote more rapid recovery;
- Reducing range of motion of injured joints and limbs. By reducing the range of motion, these limbs will have an opportunity to heal naturally;
- Supporting weak or vulnerable soft tissues and joints to proactively prevent injury during athletic activity. Again, this light elastic athletic tape is particularly well suited to do this in contoured areas such as the knee or elbow. The low profile nature of the tape also allows the athlete to easily wear it under athletic shoes or clothing;
- Stretchlight can also secure elastic wraps to the body as part of the treatment of soft tissue injuries;
- Finally, it can help to fix pads and dressings to the body for protection against blows or for wound treatment.
As a light tape, Stretchlight can serve these purposes without unduly restricting the athlete’s freedom of movement. It provides a combination of conformability, moderate support and lack of intrusiveness that makes it the perfect choice for proactive injury prevention or treatment of mild injuries.
StretchLight Elastic Athletic Tape – Application Tips
- For best results, apply the tape over clean and dry skin. In particular, remove any creams, lotions and moisturizers that may be present.
- Although StretchLight may stick to body hair better than other adhesive tapes, its removal will be quite painful. Hence, we suggest that you also remove any body hair from the region to which you intend to apply it.
- Choose a tape size that is appropriate for the region you are treating.
- Unlike other adhesive tapes like DynaPro Porous Zinc Oxide Tape or DynaPro Rigid Athletic Tape, StretchLight Tape is difficult to cut longitudinally, so make sure you choose the correct width right from the start.
- For fingers, hands and toes, 2″ tape (5 cm) is usually the best choice. For larger areas like wrists and ankles, you will likely find 2″ (7.5 cm) tape to be a better choice.