DynaPro Porous Zinc Oxide Tape can stabilize injured joints or proactively protect against injury during athletic competition or training. This tape is particularly effective when you apply it around joints like the wrist, ankle or knee to support and protect these areas. You can also apply it to areas prone to excessive rubbing to prevent blisters and/or calluses. For additional comfort you can also wear this zinc oxide tape in combination with a pre wrap.
This tape uses 54 longitudinal fibres and 75 vertical fibres per square inch for the ultimate in comfort. It also boasts a fluid and even roll tension during removal from the roll.
Sold by the case of 32 rolls only.
Besides supporting weak or unstable joints, other uses of DynaPro Porous Zinc Oxide Tape include:
- Securing elastic wraps when preventing, treating or rehabilitating injuries;
- Securing protective pads to the body to absorb powerful impacts during play; and
- Ensuring that wound dressings are securely attached.
Porous Zinc Oxide Tape – Features
Porous Zinc Oxide Athletic Tape uses a zinc oxide based adhesive and will help to stabilize an injured joint or proactively protect you against an overuse injury while training or competing. It is particularly effective when used on joints like the wrist, ankle or knee to support and protect these areas. Some of the more popular taping techniques include the X Arch and Circular Arch.
It is made from a high quality cotton fabric and coated on one side with a hypoallergenic but powerful adhesive. Unlike traditional zinc oxide cotton tape, this adhesive is non-latex based. It therefore eliminates the risk of latex reactions among patients sensitive to this material. You can read more about the advantages of latex free tape here.
In addition to its latex free construction, this tape is porous and will allow the patient to maintain his or her natural body temperature while wearing it, as perspiration or other types of moisture will evaporate through it. This increases wearing comfort and supports patient compliance, which in turn improves the chances of early recovery.
The tape also has a serrated edge to facilitate tearing.
Porous Zinc Oxide Tape – Application
- Before application, please ensure that the area to which you will apply the tape is free of creams, lotions, oils or any other foreign substance. This will ensure that the tape will adhere properly to the skin. If necessary, we suggest removal or trimming of bodily hair as this too will interfere with the tape’s ability to stick to the skin. It will also make removal more painful.
- You can cut the tape to get the amount you need but you will often find it easier to just tear it with your hands. Its serrated edges will make it even easier to do this.
- You can use an adherent tape spray if you want to minimize its migration while being worn.
- To avoid wrinkles, smooth each strip of tape with fingers or hands as it is being applied.
- Do not apply on individuals with broken skin or rashes.
- Porous Zinc Oxide Tape has relatively low elasticity (i.e. will not stretch). Be careful to not apply it too tightly or it may interfere with your circulation. If you experience any numbness, tingling or unusual sensations in or near the area of application, you should remove the tape immediately and consult a physician.
- To get the best results from your use of this product, please review our tips on preparing for and completing athletic tape jobs.