DynaPro Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric provides complete coverage and fixation of wound dressings to reduce the risk of contamination from foreign material. It is gentle on sensitive skin and will not produce allergic reactions. The fabric comes with a backing release paper that has a split liner to facilitate removal. The square frame pattern printed on the release paper also makes it easier to cut the fabric with high accuracy. The fabric is hypoallergenic and non irritating and its adhesive is strong enough to attach securely to highly contoured areas without curling or peeling away.
Dynapro Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric is directly comparable to Hypafix, and is usable for the same purposes.
What Is A Non Woven Fabric?
A non woven fabric can be broadly defined as a sheet bonded by entangling fibers or filaments. It is a flat porous sheet constructed directly from separate fibers. As their name implies, non woven fibers are not manufactured by weaving or knitting processes.
What Are The Advantages Of Non Woven Fabric?
The advantages of this material include the following:
- Capable of absorbing liquids;
- Breathable, so that your skin will retain its normal temperature beneath a non woven bandage with no overheating or discomfort;
- Flexibility, enabling non woven bandages to (like an elastic athletic tape such as ElastikWrap) conform to highly contoured body areas (e.g. the elbow or knee);
- Non combustible;
- These fabrics are also economically priced;
- Non toxic and non irritating, which allows them to be worn next to the skin with no risk of an allergic reaction, even from patients with histories of these sensitivities;
It is radio transparent and so will not interfere with X-Rays or any other form of radiotherapy.
Other key features of the fabric are:
- It is 100% latex free and therefore ideal for those with a history of allergies to this substance;
- It is flexible and will not impede movement of the joints;
- Used as a secondary bandage, it provides additional security by keeping the primary dressing firmly in place.
The Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric comes in rolls of 2 sizes – 5 cm x 10 m and 10 cm x 10 m.
Potential Uses Of Adhesive Non Woven Fabric
Dynapro Adhesive Non Woven Fabric is an excellent choice of secondary bandage for wide area fixation of primary wound dressings on surgical or wound sites. Used in these scenarios, it will not restrict freedom of movement. However, it will provide excellent protection from contamination, infection and general invasion of foreign matter. Its transverse stretch properties will allow it to conform to any area needed. The fabric is easy to cut to the size you need, so there will be no issues with product wastage. Patients will also enjoy its virtually painless removal with no residue of adhesive.
When using our Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric for dressing fixation, we suggest that you ensure that it extends at least 2 cm away from the edge of the dressing on all sides.
In addition, this Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric is useful for fixation of catheters, probes, draining tubes and other instruments.
This product is an excellent accessory for inclusion in an emergency kit that you take along with you on camping or other similar excursions.
DynaPro Adhesive Non-Woven Fabric – Application
- Ensure that your skin is clean and dry before application. Creams, oils and any other foreign substances should be removed
- Select the amount of fabric you need and cut to the required size using the grid lines on the back for guidance.
- Remove the backing using the release paper section
- Affix the fabric securely to the required area.