Our Medical Face Mask is a 3 layer design that uses non woven inner and outer layers and a central melt blown fabric layer for optimal filtration performance. Also known as procedure or isolation masks, these masks consist of the tri laminate material mentioned above, a mask clip and earloops. The nose clip consists of iron wire with a low density polyurethane plastic coating. Finally, the mask earloops are made from elastic material woven from spandex and polyester.
You can use the medical face mask as an additional layer of protection in conjunction with full facial protection from a face shield like the DynaPro Face Shield.
These masks have been approved by Health Canada for inclusion on its List of Medical Devices for Exceptional Importation and Sale in connection with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
There are 50 masks per box. The masks come with instructions in both French and English.
The price shown is per box.
For additional information, please watch the demonstration video below.
Mask Performance Standards
These masks provide a 98% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) as well as Synthetic Blood splash resistance at a 120 mmHg pressure level. These performance levels have been certified by SGS Hardline Laboratory and correspond to the ASTM Level 2 standards. ASTM (formerly the American Society For Testing & Materials) is responsible for setting international standards for materials, products, systems and services, including for PPE equipment such as medical masks.
For Which Environments Are These Masks Suitable?
Unlike our KN95 respirator, procedure/isolation masks will not form an airtight seal around your nose, mouth and face. However, they will protect individuals who are in the vicinity of the wearer from large respiratory droplets he or she may emit while coughing, sneezing or even speaking. They will also protect the wearer from respiratory droplets emitted by those around him or her.
These disposable medical face masks are non sterile products for health care usage in non surgical environments. Do not use them for protection while performing surgical procedures. In addition, they are a single use product and you should discard them after use. If they become wet or contaminated by blood or body fluids, they should be discarded and replaced. Please discard your procedure or isolation masks in accordance with regulations on managing medical waste.
How To Use Your Medical Face Mask
- The medical face mask inner layer is white and the outer layer is blue. When wearing the mask, the blue layer should face outward;
- Cover the nose, mouth and chin with the isolation mask and hang the mask on both ears using the earloops;
- Place your fingertips on the mask nose clip. Press down gently with your fingertips. Mold the nose clip according to the shape of your nose to obtain a secure fit;
- As mentioned above, please discard after use.
Medical Face Mask – Cautions
- Please note packaging integrity before use;
- This product should be used once and discarded after use.
- Please store this product in a dark and ventilated place;
- Discontinue use if you experience discomfort or adverse reactions while wearing this product.